The question of the day is How to sell our pictures to a magazine?
In my perspective it comes in two different ways to sell your picture
Identifying what kind of clienteles we want to grab. Example, we want our picture some day published in let say Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, ID, Numero or some magazine that we like it so much.
Looking at the pages of those magazines we are going to realize that every single magazine had they very own style. Study about what they like in terms of detail, and start producing picture as the same taste as they like.
Concentrated on that area and stay focus. Remember not to copy from their previous theme or their color toned, but try to bring something fresh that will catch their interest. And if you think you are ready, pursuit them! Hit them! In the most nicest way.
If you already had very distinctive personal style in every picture you are producing. And you want to keep it that way. The only thing we have to do is, learn and see the diversity of the magazines. Put it in some list, and track which magazine our pictures will be suitable.
Than we need to make some of selection of our best work and remember to make it simple.
Contact the magazine and arrange a meeting.
Never hesitate to ask and learn from other people, also read a lot of magazines, it will help us to recognize our style, and to get better understanding on which magazine we are fitted more.
Is not that difficult if we already knew what we want.
editor : Aldi Indrajaya
- i play, explore and work in fashion industry, as fashion photographer, video music - fashion movie director, creative director of dew magazine, fabric designer and still many more i want to create.some of my scratch book :
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (37)
- ► 2010 (64)
- Gisele Bundchen by luki for lukimages
- lukimages photography free class - ten person chos...
- skin tone crusade
- channel for Harper's Bazaar
- Harper's Bazaar June 2009 is arrived
- the best three indonesian male model may 2009
- How to sell our pictures to a magazine?
- using gel or filter for coloring the shadow
- (X)S.M.L ad campaign 2009
- BRAVACASA Mei 2009 is arrived!!!
- behind the scene harper's bazaar june 09 edition
- behind the scene SPICE anniversary edition 09
- lukimages photography free class
- (X)S.M.L Plaza Indonesia store now open PI extensi...
- Color Picker by Jinsun Park
- behind the scene (X)S.M.L ad campaign
- ▼ May (17)
PhotographerJakarta.com powered by Lukimages
- adi surantha
- aldi indrajaya
- ardeo ardere arsi arsum
- budiman laksmono
- danny tan
- design scene
- husein yunior
- model agency 21 mm
- model agency B management
- model agency Fame
- model agency Heruko
- model agency JIM
- model agency Platinum
- model agency SUM
- model agency VTM
- raden prisya
- reza hood
- teuku ajie
- yoland handoko
- yvy magazine